Hello loVely Vamps!
So while at Rite Aide a month or so ago I came across the brand Jesse’s Girl & immediately my favorite 80’s song popped in to my head!
Anywhoo – back to the palette that I purchased – Back Stage Collection in Sounds of the City. This palette is affordable at $6.99 & comes with 10 shadows, 4 matte & 6 shimmer. I am all about affordable makeup but if the pigmentation, blending, formula of shadow, fall out & wearing power is not there then I don’t care how affordable a shadow palette is it’s not worth buying. After saying that this palette is affordable & it has some hits & misses.
- Great neutral cool shades
- Work appropriate shadows
- Great amount of product for the $
- Packing is awesome – love the clear top
- Soft & Smooth formula
- Little to no fall out
- Decent wear power when used with primer
- Shimmer shadows almost look like foiled shadows
- Little to no creasing
- The pigmentation for the matte shades is only ok when used with a primer
- 2 of the shimmer shades look exactly the same #6 & #7
- Matte black shade looks more like a cool gray with purple undertones #4
- Some of the matte #1 & shimmer #5 & #10 shadows are not very bendable
PRIMER (LORAC BEHIND THE SCENES EYE PRIMER)
My over all opinion is that I like this product – it might have a few misses but for $6.99 it’s totally worth it! If I had to compare it to other drugstore shadow palettes it’s in the middle of the Maybelline Blushed Nudes & Loreal LA Nude Palette 2 ☆ but way more affordable.
Well Vamps hope you liked this post if you did don’t forget to share it & like it!
Thank you for all of your support I really appreciate it♡! Please don’t forget to subscribe by email or on youtube.com/beautybyvirginia
♡Drop by and say Hi♡
Snapchat – beautybvirginia
♥ ya’ll for watching! xoxo, loVe Beauty by Virginia, there’s a V in every loVe!!!
Business Inquiries – email@example.com