This Summer I’ve decided to make my summer very minimalistic, well at least my beauty regime, lol. I took 10 maybe 14 of my favorite products & decided to use them all summer long. Yes, using the exact same beauty products for the next few months & nothing else, I must be off my rocker! I had to carefully choose the right moisturizer to the perfect eyeshadow pallet in order to have a versatile arsenal.
Here are the items I choose & why, enjoy!
- Dickson’s All Natural Witch Hazel $4.68 @Walmart – I love Dickson’s Witch Hazel, it is so gentle and removes any filth that my daily wash did not remove. I have huge pores and they minimize after using Dickson’s. My face feels tighter and way more nourished they using a regular toner.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer $3.88 @Walmart – I have a super greasy t-zone and I cannot have a heavy moisturizer in the summer so this gel moisturizer is AWESOME!! Not greasy, no residue, my skin soaks it up, great cooling effect & a super clean/summer fragrance. This is a must!!!!
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+ $38.00 @Ulta- I choose 2 foundations for this challenge not because I wanted choices but because I wanted a bit of a glow to go with my BB cream. I use a smidge of the this foundation for that glow from within look. It’s really not necessary but I wanted to be glowy this summer & not just from sweat 🙂
- e.l.f. BB Cream SPF 20 $5.99 @Target – This BB cream is not only affordable but is the perfect light weight cover up with just the right amount of SPF to not break me out. I use the smallest amount for that perfect “no makeup” look. I have repurchased this product 3 times & will continue to do so.
- NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer $2.99 @Target – Like my foundations/BB creams I wanted 2 concealers for that perfect balance of hiding my under eye circles & brightness. I love this concealer so much and it’s a total dupe for the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer for less than half of the price. It does not crease & a little bit goes a very long way!
- Tarte Double Duty Shape Tape Concealer $24.00 @Ulta- Since a picked a pretty affordable concealer I had to choose one of my “high end” concealers for my second choice. Not only does this brighten up my under eyes but it gives them a cooling – depuffing- feeling that I love. If I want to go super glam I use this as a highlight and boom I have a glam look!
- Wet n’ Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow in Rose In The Air $4.68 @Walmart – The reason I choose a drug store eyeshadow pallet & not my more beloved higher end products is simply because I LOVE this affordable pallet. It has amazing shades, great blendability, & I can use it for a simple everyday look or go full glam look.
- Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Base is Submissive $2.00 – $8.00 @beabombshellcosmetics.com – I wanted a copper glittery all over lid color that was buildable and could be used as a cream highlighter if needed. This to me is the best of 2 worlds.
- Koty Airspun Loose Powder $5.97 @Walmart – Even though I wanted a super glowy look for summer I did not want to run around looking like an oil pot so a setting powder was super necessary. Koty Airspun is my ride or die. Does not make me cakey or leave me feeling like a face full of powder 🙂
- e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette $8.00 @e.l.f. – So I defiantly needed a bronzer, blush & highlight but I did not want 3 separate products so I opted for this great quad. Bronzer, 2 Blushes, & a Highlight with buildable coverage!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara $6.89 @Target – This had been my go to mascara for months now, love it and have had to repurchase. It’s lengthens & gives me volume with out flaking.
- Wet n’ Wild Ultimate Brow Retractable Eyebrow Pencil $2.93@Walmart – Now I am not an eyebrow person, in all reality I have the most horrific eyebrows. Let’s just say they did not recover from the 90’s. Yikes!!! For those days that I think my brows have a fighting chance I use this product. It is not waxy & does not leave my eyebrows feeling glued on!
- Josie Maran Arian Lip Sting Plumping Butter in Work It Vanilla $23.00 @Sephora – This is a brand new product for me but so far I am loving it. The plumping effect is so settle but truly works. I wanted to pick a clear lip product because with they eyeshadow I can improvise and make new lip colors.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile, & Lavender $12.00 @Mario Badescu – I had to choose a setting spray that I could also use on my bare skin when it needs a quick pick me up & I love the MB Rose water that this was an easy pick as Lavender has a great soothing effect on my skin. This is a must have and does not have a bad price point.
Well folks there you have it the 14 products I am currently challenging myself to use for the rest of the summer. Now my challenge to you is to pick your favorite top 13 or 15 beauty items and only use them for the rest of the Summer. Now to make things fair I am using the SheaMoisturizer African Black Soap as my face cleanser & on occasion I use sheet masks as well as a peel off mask.
I want to hear your about the beauty products you can’t live without & if you use any of the items I mentioned. You can comment down below or send me a Tweet @beautybvirginia.
Well loVes hope you liked this post 🙂 If you DID don’t forget to share it & like it!
Thank you for all of your support I really appreciate it♡! Please don’t forget to subscribe by email or on youtube.com/beautybyvirginia
xoxo beautybyVirginia There’s a V in every loVe!